Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Left 4 Dead Pirated version causes font lost Fix!

Well, after uninstalling a pirated left 4 dead, I ended up with totally bold fonts when browsing or using any applications that required those missing font files. Yep those fonts have been deleted along with Left 4 Dead (pirated)

Basically, there was no solution for this, and I was forced to reinstall my OS. Wait! Just joking! I never did that. A simple solution to this problem lies below!

1. Open up your fonts folder (Don’t know how? C:\Windows\fonts)
2. Select File
3. Select ‘Install New Fonts’
4. Browse for the fonts directory (C:\Windows\fonts)
5. Select All
6. Install
7. Prepare to hit either ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to replaced file.
8. Restart your computer.

This step should reinstall all your fonts correctly that has been altered by Left 4 Dead. I would recommend this method as we do not know which file has been deleted by l4d.

No comments:

Post a Comment