FTP Folder Error - The connection with the server was reset
I/O Error - Connection reset
Event ID 10 - User administrator at host x.x.x.x has timed-out after 120 seconds of inactivity
Symptoms: When trying to access Windows FTP server, you may have following situations.
1. You receive “FTP Folder Error – An error occurred opening that folder on the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to access that folder – The connection with the server was reset” if you use Internet explorer in a PC.
2. You receive I/O Error - Connection reset.
3. The server Event Viewer lists ID 10 - User administrator at host x.x.x.x has timed-out after 120 seconds of inactivity.
Resolution: 1. For PC users, uncheck Use Passive FTP. To do that, open IE>Tools>Internet Options>Advanced, uncheck Use Passive FTP (for firewall and DSL modem compatibility).
2. For Mac users, select Active (instead of Passive).
3. In the server side, try to turn on TCP port 20 and 21 in your router/firewall.
Hope it works.